Thursday, 3 January 2013

AdSense Earnings - December 2012 - £57.66

This is more than a 3 fold increase on the previous month in AdSense earnings for photos-for-you.com!

There has been about  a 10% increase in page views, and a massive increase in RPM.

Here's the earnings and RPM graph for December 2012 :-

You can see one day where I fluked more than £21 in earnings (I could do with a few more of those).

Looking at the RPM over the last 2 months (by week) :-


The increase in RPM is quite remarkable.

Unfortunately I don't know why.

Other than that AdWords bidders may have gone a bit mad over the holiday season, I'm at a loss to explain it (though it is a great problem to have).

As mentioned way back on the past, I have been unable to get Google Analytics working correctly with photos-for-you.com as it's analytics profile is not the main profile on the account. I have carefully followed Google's instructions and added the extra code supposedly needed to allow the AdSense part of the Analytics reports to work properly, but it still refuses to do so. When looking at the AdSense earnings / keywords etc in Analytics, there is data, but it bears no relation to reality as far as I can tell.

I think I am going to have to create a completely new Analytics account and make photos-for-you.com the only profile and put that code on the site. It's not the ideal way to it (think logging in as a different user every time I want to view analytics for a different site) but I don't intend to waste any more time trying to get it to work properly with AdSense under one analytics account shared with my other web sites.

Having said all that about Analytics, I guess it's not such a massive deal as pretty soon, pretty much all the keyword data in Analytics will be '(not provided)' so the chances of me finding out which keywords bring in the money from AdSense are getting slimmer by the day (thanks a lot Google)...



i love Quidco BlueWhite
Creative Commons License Make Money From Photos by Jordan McClements is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Non-Commercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License.

No comments:

Post a Comment